I'm not very good at handling things I need to accept. It's one of my major flaws and the cause of my most obnoxious frustrations. I'm really bad at accepting things, seriously.
It's not even that I don't want to accept things: I'm a control freak, so more often than not, I find that I can't. I have a life plan for myself, twenty years into the future, the only thing that's missing is a husband, and even that, I can't accept. To think I'll be loveless and alone, with no children, living on my salary, making dinners for one, constantly watching the single set of keys be picked up and down, day after day? Monotonous, for sure. But I suppose it's something that can't be helped. I'm young, they say. I have time. But sometimes I feel like when I stand still, life's just careening by at a speed so fast, I can't even feel it go. It makes me sad to feel that I'm missing out on something so beautiful because I'm afraid of being hurt.
But how can I accept that I've been hurt and move on?
I don't know. I'm hoping I figure that out.
Oh Paula. I know it may seem impossible right now that you'll never find that Prince Charming, and face it, you'll probably meet a lot of guys who are really the evil wolf in disguise, or even dwarves that are pretty great yet not the prince you deserve. And you /have/ been hurt, so that makes the bleak outlook feel all the more real. But some day that Prince Charming really will show up and he will make the memory of all those wolves and dwarves disappear into thin air and every moment forward will be the beginning of your faerie tale. You just have to have patience and believe that he's coming, but most importantly, you have to remember that that faerie tale isn't the only tale you're going to tell about your life and that, in the mean time and beyond, you have friends and family that love you and the courage and drive to do what you want and need for yourself.
ReplyDelete