Friday, June 17, 2011

"Technology Sucks," a poem

Seeing the amount of time I spend
in front of a computer, it's a wonder
how I ever got over you, your name, your
face and even the small soundbites of your voice
carried along in those funny videos that people
share once in a while. And each time they'd appear
I'd feel a tug, not gentle, but a far-away firm-like
tug that was relentless in its tugging for the
rest of the day. That little tug made me think
of you and me and me without you and the
half-year-gone-by that I've been turning circles
and letting the days fly and then
with a start as a stray finger strokes the mousepad
awakening my friend from his slumber,
the familiar white-and-blue reappearing,
I realize that the tugging is just a small reminder
that indifference isn't forgetting.

No comments:

Post a Comment