Tonight was the night I embraced my singularity.
I got invited to a graduation party by a good friend of mine, so naturally, I made an appearance to show them all that I was alive and did indeed care enough to appear for the fun night. I didn't realize, though, that I'd be the only one who wasn't coupled up. It was weird, seeing all these happy couples and me, chilling and laughing, talking to everyone, but just me by myself. Not going to lie, I was a little bit miffed at first, kind of shocked, and maybe, just maybe, even a little bit sad. It was like the universe was rubbing it in my face that I was, at this moment, loveless and alone.
No matter, though. Because I woke from my shock and realized: I was happy.
Scratch that.
I AM happy. So the universe can suck it, because loveless and alone isn't so bad.
No comments:
Post a Comment