Today was my last day of classes and
I had to take two finals, one was cumulative
about DNA, bacteria and their fatal diseases,
growing them in agar,
which is basically just scientific JELL-O made in a lab
instead of from a box.
Oh, and did I mention that I got an
iPhone and tomorrow, I'm working
from eight to four and soon,
I have to go to the doctor's for more tests
so they can figure out what's wrong with me and my body and I don't know,
I guess I just don't want anything to be wrong.
I wish they didn't have to poke and prod
and take blood, though because those complicated
procedures make me nervous
like maybe I could die and then what?
And right now I'm sitting in my brown suede desk chair, you know,
the one that cushions your back
and makes your butt feel all warm and numb
all at the same time from all the sitting?
An English accent penetrates my thoughts
making me start and stare at my computer screen
once in a while to see the dancers in their flimsy and beautiful costumes
flit across the stage
the sequins not doing justice to their bodies'
graceful curves and angular motion.
And now it is midnight, or past that, really
and here I am, still in this brown suede chair,
body way past numb and I am laughing,
because all I'm missing
is someone that talks back.
No comments:
Post a Comment