So, some really cool things happened this week!
For one thing, I rounded off my weekend with a belated birthday celebration and a cruise around the NYC harbor, and it was a beautiful day! It was the first time I had ever been on some sort of cruise ship before and it was a lunch buffet type of deal too, so that was a lot of fun! AND I got to be with some pretty fantastic people, so all in all, it was a wonderful Sunday afternoon and I've got the pictures to prove it (you'll see them at the end).
Classes have been a drag, but I have to say that as much as I dislike physics, I really do find it very interesting. Granted, there's a slim-to-none chance that you'll ever be in an 18-wheeler with two slabs of frictionless concrete and have to figure out the shortest distance in which it takes you to stop so that you don't hit a moose, but the rest of it is really interesting. We've moved on to concepts of energy and work and power and I really enjoy the force equations and problems because I find that they boggle the mind. It's like trying to fit together pieces of a puzzle. Quite fascinating but very, very difficult. Most of the time, rewarding. Labs are quick and easy, so that's not so bad. Still adjusting to changes from little college to big university, but a separate post on that later.
For now, some pictures for some viewing pleasure and well-wishes for the weekend!
 |
| Lunch - delicious! |
 |
| The New York City Skyline |
 |
| The Freedom Towers and the beautiful waves behind our ship! |
 |
| Lady Liberty and her Torch :) |
 |
| Couches. On the boat. Fantastic. |
 |
| Delectable desserts to round off the journey. |
No comments:
Post a Comment