Thursday, June 7, 2012

The Days Behind

So summer classes have been a go now for the past two weeks and I can honestly say that I'm already exhausted. This is my problem, and always has been looking back--the fact that while it seems that I can never get enough of school, I always fail to realize that I CAN.

This summer I am taking two sessions (three months, yeah, my entire summer) of classes. General Physics  I and General Physics II (algebra and trigonometry based rather than calculus based, thank goodness) because I want to take the MCATs in April. Which means I have to start studying. Like now. It's actually kind of an issue considering that I know nothing about this exam other than the fact that the highest score is a 45 and that most medical schools look for somewhere around a 30... but anyways, I do know that there are three sections with two sub-sections each, so that means six sections and that also means that physics is only one-sixth of my total score.

As you can see, I got stressed out really fast.

But other than all of that nonsense, it's been pretty ridiculous. The problems are difficult and my professor leaves much to be desired, even though he's fantastically well-versed in science history, which is not something you really hear too much of. Our TA is also great, but that's also new for me considering I come from a university whose biggest classes are only 30-50 students and I'm in a lecture of 120 students and there's never enough time to ask questions or even find the professor, let alone figure out what their respective office hours are. I just don't understand any of it. I really don't.

What it boils down to is this:

I cannot do math.
I love science.
Science and math together prove to be a nightmare, especially when the last time you took Physics was an honors class in high school and you're now using the same textbook, except this time, you had to buy it.

Good luck to all my fellow summer studiers!

No comments:

Post a Comment