So, we're waiting for a hurricane. No big deal.
Unfortunately (and fortunately) my college happens to be located in a flood zone and thus, with the state of emergency declared, our department of public safety has deemed it necessary to close school for two days. Two entire days. I almost don't even know what to do with myself, although I did get excited because I realized that this provides me with an entire 48 hours to do work and get so much more done. I can't wait. But now we're getting inundated with e-mail after e-mail about catching up on work, what chapters need to be read, what we have to have done before school starts, whenever it starts, and it just keeps getting more and more stressful, so thanks, professors of Nursingland, all you've been saying has been noted and will be taken under consideration.
I am lounging around in sweats and a t-shirt with a hoodie as we hunker down for FrankenSandy. Some of the areas around have already flooded and have been closed off, and it's finally raining in my area, but being an area far from the waterfront, we're more worried about the trees. Last time there was a storm, our power got taken out for five days because of all the trees that went down, so we're hoping that this time, that doesn't happen.
I, being a nerd, am also tracking Sandy live in order to see where she's headed, where she's been and how bad we're gonna feel her if/when she hits (although at this point, she's definitely hitting, but not for another few hours). We are supposed to get the worst of her beginning this afternoon and later into the evening, but there has been a State of Emergency declared for the State of New Jersey, so we're all just waiting--all businesses are closed. Everyone is in their homes, hoping, praying and wanting for safety and just a pass on this one.
I just feel bad for all those who live down in Atlantic City and in the New Jersey flood zones--they've barely had time to recover from our last episode of rain. I'm praying that they at least remain unscathed and that the hurricane just passes by, for all of our sakes, but mostly for theirs and their families.
Keep on keeping on. <3
No comments:
Post a Comment