Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Decisions for Me

It's happened, ladies and gentlemen--I've made a decision! A definitive one, and an actual one. This one even involves... flight plans ;]

I was asked by my college to attend the Augustine Institute's 2012 College Student Summit held in Denver, Colorado each year and the normal fee is $595, however, the trip was approved for funding and costs went down to $50. I decided that this was a sign... and that I'd better take it as one and get my butt to Denver!

The Summit focuses on young people--not in touch with their faith and not always the most devout--and getting them more involved with their faiths on an intellectual level and a spiritual level. We attend lectures by famous Catholic writers and theorists and other religious and spiritual writers and also meet other students, build bonfires and get to know other college students from around the nation.

For me, it'll be less about religion, I think and more about finding myself so that I can better figure out what my purpose is. It's hard to have faith when you think you're going nowhere, y'know?

That's tonight's update; to bed and to Denver in May!

No comments:

Post a Comment