What we think, we become.
It's an interesting thought, really. It almost seems like we set ourselves up for whatever comes our way. We set ourselves up for the way we feel, for our reactions to certain events, for how hard we take the hits and for how joyously we celebrate achievement.
When I read this quote online, the first think that popped into my head was: Wow, that's so freaking true. I honestly didn't even understand the most of it until I started to really think about it. In every single obstacle that I have had to face in life, when I approached it with the attitude of "this is never going to work out," it didn't. Every single exam, every single major test, every single stressful situation that I thought I was stressed about, I was stressed. Every single time I faced a problem head-on, with the knowledge and the positive attitude that I was equipped with everything I needed, I was perfectly and honestly fine.
Just goes to show you, mind over matter isn't a joke. I'm not preaching positive thinking or anything because I'm an absolute optimist and see the world only in sunshine. I think what I'm trying to say is... think well of yourself. Because when others see that love, they'll be allowed to love you too.
And let them.
No comments:
Post a Comment