Friday, August 26, 2011

I've Been Published!

Well, the day's finally come and while being published hasn't actually ever been a long-term goal of mine, the fact that it's happened makes me so giddy, it's ridiculous.

As of right now, I'm in the process of applying to medical school and the application required three essays to be written with three separate prompts:

A. Write about a recent or past activity that holds great importance to you.
B. How is entering our program going to enhance your career goals?
C. How is this program going to help you achieve your personal career goals?

It was late at night, and, on a whim after finishing the first prompt, I decided to submit it to an online catalog called Thought Catalog. It was something I'd never done before--I don't really take chances very lightly, especially not one like this. I tend to keep my work very close and this was a very huge piece, very personal and very raw. And, after all, it was only an application essay. I thought it would go nowhere. The next day, I received an e-mail from the editor telling me that they'd like to run my piece, and so here it is.

If you'll allow me, I'd like to share it with all of you:

"A Circle of Fifths"

Please enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment