Today, I was at a leadership workshop held by my school. So many things happened, probably because there were so many that I hadn't seen in so long.
A friend of mine that I met going into my first year of college told me of a life-changing decision. I had always envied her. She is one of those who is rock solid in her faith, believes with abandon and has nearly no doubts when it comes to her life and God. I, for one, am not so fortunate, born with a questioning mind and an even more questioning heart. I was envious of her too for her fortune both in the academic realms and the personal realms. She had an amazing, amazing relationship--the sweetest guy, older than us, but nevertheless mature and kind as well as passionate, sharing her faith as well as her goals in life.
This summer, the two of them took a journey in order to figure out where they belonged--where they were being called, so to speak. He returned with an answer: his purpose was to be married. She, likewise, returned with an answer: her purpose was to be for God. She felt as if she was being called to the convent, to serve God there.
And while I sit here, half of me cannot believe that she would give up something so precious as the love of her significant other. But then again, who am I to say what should and should not pass? I know that conviction is not easy to come by and when felt in the heart, it is impossible to resist. So one half, while in disbelief also urges the other half to be overcome with joy.
At least one of us knows what we're doing.
No comments:
Post a Comment