So I've been holding in a lot of angst lately and it's obviously not healthy for anyone, least of all me. There have been multiple frustrations in my life, but this one will always be present in varying degrees. What it comes down to:
Being the oldest kid sucks. Massively.
Now, let me elaborate.
I break down barriers. Those that come after me walk through them.
I get the horns. They don't even get the bull.
I get the pressure. They get the hugs.
I get the screaming. They get the at least it wasn't that bad.
I get the you should set the example. They get the it's alright, you're different people.
I get the you're fat and should lose a little more weight. They get the I'm worried about you. Eat more.
I get the you screwed up big time with your ex. They get the unlimited together time, over our house all the effing time, at HIS house, doing everything I was never allowed to do.
Maybe I'm bitter. Maybe I hate. Maybe I'm angry.
Doesn't mean that it's fair.
Ergo, it sucks.
Wow. To say "I understand" is quite the understatement. Besides some of the details, this is my life D:
ReplyDeleteI know how you feel.
Delete