A hermit (according to dictionary.com standards) is a person who is living a solitary life, or a recluse or something of that sort. To me, hermitage equals "hermit mode," and by the word "mode" in that phrase, I feel like one should be able to infer that one can switch this mode on and off, therefore ultimately having the "to be used when needed" attached to it.
But friends are friends, and like always, whether or not I welcome it (or ask for it) they come to the rescue. So let that be a lesson to us all.
Being a hermit isn't socially acceptable, so I think it's safe to say that I'm not as cool as Thoreau and I definitely haven't written anything as influential as Walden. This blogpost is a perfect example.
Well, technically, Thoreau wasn't entirely a hermit. His mother still came by to do his laundry.
ReplyDelete