Sunday, April 24, 2011

One Light, Many Lights

Just a few moments ago, I was watching Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince with my father in our family room. It wasn't the crazy fight scenes or the ridiculous effects that got me. It was the singular moment in which all of Hogwarts is looking at Dumbledore's body while Harry and Ginny kneel next to it and McGonagall holds up her wand with a single light at the tip. 


And I don't mean this in the sense that we should be the candle that spreads light to others or gives their flame to others--that's cliché and totally overused. But McGonagall? She's by far one of my favorite characters and her simple action astounds me. That a single light standing with many other single lights can overcome a darkness so powerful as the Dark Mark, engulfed by the lights of Hogwarts.


Just by holding her own light, she encouraged light in others. 


Life lessons from Harry Potter, for the win.

Drawing her wand, ever the minor character of major importance.

1 comment:

  1. Except that picture is from the fourth movie, not the sixth.

    BTW, I hope it's okay with you that I'm commenting on every post. I just want you to know that I'm here, and I'm listening.

    And I love you and your many lights.

    ReplyDelete