Saturday, October 1, 2011

Woe is Me, the Nursing Student

I tend to question my sanity at the ends of weeks like this one.

Sometimes, I can do nothing more than stress, and trust me, I am better than it than you could ever imagine. There is nothing that I do better than stress out. If stressing out was an Olympic sport, I'd be the undefeated Gold Medal champion. You get the picture.

Being a nursing major and a piano performance major is ridiculous sometimes. I've been close to dropping the major, if only because I'm beginning to feel the weight that it's having on me as a student and as a person. I find that I'm stretching myself very thin and making demands on myself that no sane person would make. So yeah, being considered a college junior at the end of your freshman year? You can imagine how many credits that was. Starting school the Monday after you graduated high school? Putting yourself through an extra month of school after everyone was out just so you could keep your head above the water?

Yes, crazy. I know.

But now that I'm reading the title of this blogpost, I realize, I don't want to wallow in self-pity. Hell, I chose the double major, didn't I? But like all good things and all dreams, ambitions, and wishes, sometimes you get caught up in the fact that you have four tests in a row next week instead of remembering how you feel when you hear a heartbeat through a stethoscope and what it feels like to sit at a piano.

No comments:

Post a Comment