Saturday, October 15, 2011

Pandora in the Morning

Every morning, I put on Pandora Radio and with their new "shuffle" feature, my morning's filled with everything from the great summer hits of the 90's to Valentina Igoshina playing Mussorgsky's Pictures at an Exhibition. It's a beautiful thing.

Pandora is really special to me. It's pretty funny, actually. I don't think anyone should be this obsessed with something that's as inanimate as an internet radio station, but to me, it's more important than that. I turn on Pandora, start getting dressed and the world falls away. I listen to Tenth Avenue North and Rob Thomas, to Train and Chopin, to the Killers and Boyce Avenue pretending to be Tracy Chapman quite well, if I may say so myself.

Then there is the fact that the music is attuned to my mood. It's like Pandora knows me. Knows what I want it to play, knows what I need, knows what my body needs in order to jumpstart my day. It's the coolest thing ever.

So there you go, an ode to Pandora. Because seriously.
It's the bombdiggity.

No comments:

Post a Comment